Friday 18 September 2015

Farm Girl Vintage on fast forward

With Big Momma and Moda Love out of the way, it's time to start catching up with all those block of the month/week projects that I've fallen behind with.

I was more than a month behind with the Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage sewalong so some speed sewing was required!

First up, Peas and Carrots Block and then Pie Cherries Block. I love the spinning element of Peas and Carrots and then juicy roundness of Pie Cherries. I wish I had a darker brown for the stem but ah well! 


The cherries also look a bit asymmetrical with the 1/4" seam allowance round the outside edge but this will soon disappear once it's sewn into the top.

Next, Pinwheels Block and Postage Stamp Block. These are oh so simple in their construction which is awesome. 


Then Scrappy Maple Leaf Block and Scrappy Strawberry Block. The strawberry block called for 10 different greens and 22 different pinks. I don think I have that many fabrics in my entire stash let alone the bundle allocated to this project so I had to recycle a few fabrics.


Then Simple Star Block and Spring Star Block. I love star blocks - they have such an impact with just a few pieces. 


And finally Summer Star Block - this is a little late for the weather which feels positively autumnal here. 


I didn't get a chance to finish Sunday Morning Block so that will have to go on the list for this weekend. But at least I'm a lot further on now. Just a few more projects to catch up so (sewing) pedal to the metal...

2 comments: