Sunday 4 October 2015

Sunday Stash #23 and an appeal to any Vermonters

I'm almost embarrassed about the amount of fabric that I've added to my stash over the past two weeks. Almost.

First up is a bundle of Kona solids to be used in Don't Call Me Betsy's Epic Sampler BOM.


The teal and white dots are hopefully going to be the backing when everything is finished. Anyone else sewing along?

Next a fat quarter bundle of Rhoda Ruth by Elizabeth Hartman for Robert Kaufman. 


I've got a fancy for some scrappy Hazel Hedgehogs.

Next were some purchases from Fat Quarter Shop when they had their flash 20% off sale. Well, it would have been rude not to right?

A fat quarter bundle of Shimmer 2 by Jennifer Sampou for Robert Kaufman, an anonymous bolt end of shimmery silver disco balls on black and a layer cake of Lucky Star by Zoe Pearn for Riley Blake fell into by electronic basket. 





The fat quarter bundle of Flutterberry by Melly and Me for Riley Blake finally appeared. Along with the yardage I posted about last time, this is going to be turned into a Social Butterfly quilt using Lella Boutique's pattern.



And finally the first part of the Make it Modern BOM kit turned out. The rest is still in the post but i find it funny that the one bit of the kit that I probably didn't need turned up first. I must have almost a bolt of Kona Snow in my stash, albeit in several cuts. So I probably need another few yards like a hole in the head but oh well!  



Finally, I'm adding a plea to all my October blog posts this month and it's aimed at any quilting Vermonters (Vermontees? People of Vermont?) out there. As you may know, I'm gradually visiting all 50 states and this November I'm visiting Vermont. As well as visiting various tourist attractions I'm also hoping to do a bit of quilt shopping. Can anyone recommend a quilt shop? Or anything else for that matter!?

Just in case anyone is about to say I'm missing the awesome fall colours by not visiting now - this is the view I see out of my bedroom window every day.



I live in Sherwood forest (where Robin Hood allegedly lived) so have the beauty of Autumn colours from the comfort of my own home. Aren't I lucky?





4 comments:

  1. Wow, I've added a lot to my stash recently, too, so I am glad I'm not the only one! Great deals can be so hard to resist, and it sounds like you have plans for most of what you acquired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes I wish my stash report was this much fun! I'm glad the fabric you were expecting has finally turned out, I think I would be so stressed if any of mine went missing! Enjoy Vermont

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new additions! You must be just cuddling in the goodness of all that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Vermont - it is beautiful. Don't just see the 50 states - come to Canada too. I live in Nova Scotia.

    ReplyDelete