Thursday 5 February 2015

Resetting the Craftsy BOM 2014

Last year I signed up for the Craftsy block of the month and even went so far as to buy the kit.

I slaved away (ok, happily sewed) for 10 months and was at the point of finishing off the quilt when I had a horrible moment of realization - I hated the quilt design. The individual blocks were fine, some were even pretty but together the overall design was too bright and busy for me.

I stuck the blocks in a drawer for a while and had a think about what to do. Luckily I had some left over Kona Charcoal from another project and set about redesigning the quilt to make it more ascethetically pleasing. 

It's sort of ended up as a stained glass window design which was unexpected. But I definitely prefer it to the madcap craziness of the intended design.

I've still got some sashing to do but it's almost ready to go up for sale. The backing kit will be too small now but luckily I've got some left over fence rail blocks to go into the center of the back to widen it out.

What do you think?



I've already started the Craftsy BoM for this year and must confess that I've already broken the rules. I tried hand sewing the first block but my 1/4" seam ended up being more like a 1/2"! So I unpicked it and have done the other blocks on the machine. I know my comfort zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment