Wednesday 12 August 2015

Pumpkins and pastures

I've snuck ahead in the Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage sew along by piecing next week's blocks early. Although, by the time this blog goes live they'll be last week's blocks. So perhaps I'm behind. Doh.

I can't believe we're up to "P" already in this sew along.

First up is Out to Pasture, a deceptively simple looking block which actually has a partial seam in it. See that innocent looking turquoise strip to the right? Yep, that sucker is a partial seam. I'm always terrified that my two halves of a seam won't match up but they do. Phew!

Next is Patchwork Pumpkin, which called for 30 different orange fabrics. Now, I have a bit of an orange phobia (which I have promised Molli Sparkles that I will resolve one day) so don't have 30 different orange scraps lying around. Instead I used 5 different orange FQs 6 times. Hope that's ok?

I think they came out rather well despite the hidden little challenges?!




Just a quick reminder that I'm on my migraine detox now and so all blog postings have been prepared in advance. I won't be able to check my blog for at least two weeks so I'll respond to any comments after 17th August.

No comments:

Post a Comment