Friday 6 February 2015

Hey Mister DJ quilt and thread choices

The Mister DJ quilt for my brother's birthday is pieced and ready to be basted (yuck), quilted (yay!) and bound (meh). The pattern is Melissa Corry's from www.happyquiltingmelissa.com so all kudos to her. The fabric is Sphere by Zen Chic for Moda with some Kona solid in grass.


I wasn't sure what thread to use to quilt with until I spotted this fab variegated Isacord thread at Barnyarns. I didn't even know Isacord did variegated thread until I spotted this little beauty!


 I admit to being bi-threadual when it comes to patchwork - I used Aurifil 50 weight for piecing and binding but Isacord for quilting. I've tried quilting with cotton but gave up after the 50th or so thread break. Plus, I'm a student of Leah Day and if Isacord is good enough for her...

No comments:

Post a Comment