Happily there were no triangles involved in either blocks, just squares and rectangles. And lots of them too!
First up was the Furroughs block which is basically just eight flying geese sewn together into columns. Each goose is meant to finish 2" x 3.5" raw (which it did) but for some reason, the first time I measured them I must have got my ruler the wrong way around and mis-measured them as 2" x 3". I don't know how! I kept trying to work out how I'd lost a perfect 1/4" on each one! Silly me.
The second block was a mock Gingham using background, a medium tone and a dark tone to create the gingham look. The picture on the pattern called for the gingham to be orange in colour but I didn't have a medium tone orange. Instead I went for red which turned out well I think.