Monday 2 March 2015

Finish it up...Monday?

I know, I know, I'm at least three days late for Finish it up Friday but I've finally finished the binding on my Leah Day building blocks quiltalong. I'm really pleased with how it came out; now it's all washed it's lovely and crinkly, partially due to the mix of cotton fabric and batting with polyester Isacord quilting thread.



One thing I'm slightly disappointed by is the grey Fons and Porter ceramic marking pencil which hasn't come out in the wash. I used the pencil to mark the quilting lines on several of the blocks and, even after a thorough wash at 30 degrees, some of the marks are still visible.



Hopefully they'll fade over time and successive washing. Has anyone had a similar experience and got any advice for removing the marks?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. I do hope the markings fade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the washing will certainly test the strength of the binding!

      Delete