Tuesday 24 March 2015

The (easily explained) UFOs

I'm a child of the 90s so one of my favourite programmes growing up was the X-Files. Mulder and Scully's ever lasting search for answers reminds me of trying to find that fat quarter I know is in my stash somewhere...

Something I am ever conscious of (and couldn't escape even if I wanted to) is my pile of UFOs - unfinished objects.

When I started quilting I made myself a promise that I wouldn't start a project until I'd completely finished the last one. Yeah, that didn't last long.

To date my UFO list includes:-

Craftsy BOM 2012 - needs borders (they're cut and just need adding), basting, quilting and binding
Craftsy BOM 2014 - needs basting, quilting and binding
Hey Mister DJ - needs basting, quilting and binding
Indigo Crossing Jacob's Ladder - needs basting, quilting and binding
Re-piecing the Past -  needs basting, quilting and binding

Can you see a theme emerging? I basically run out of steam when I finish piecing a top. And they're just the ones I can immediately think of!

Maybe my resolution for next year should be to finish a UFO a month?

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to complete more UFOs as well! I have a problem with project monogamy and throw in some self-diagnosed ADHD! Knowing what needs to be completed is half the battle! I am sure that you will make progress!

    ReplyDelete