Friday 3 April 2015

Bag O' Scraps

Despite the rise of Indian and Chinese takeaway, fish and chips is still a very popular dish in the UK. And, when I was a kid, you used to be able to ask for a free "bag of scraps" when buying dinner. "Scraps" were bits of batter that had fallen off the fish and were almost as good as the main course itself, particularly as they were free!

As a quilter, one of the added benefits of finishing off projects is scraps. Big scraps, little ones. It doesn't matter, they're oh so tasty!

I confess to being a scrap addict - I keep any squares that are 1" or larger. 




This is my current bag and it isn't even my first bag (I gave that one to a colleague to use with her children). I confess it's not sorted, oops. 

I even keep little scrap bags of ongoing projects - it saves fabric and saves on a whole lot of cutting. 
Here's my bag from the FQS snapshots BOM



And from the Craftsy BOM




Don't even get me started on my scraps for the Moda building blocks project. On second thoughts...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, a bag of fish and chip scraps sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete