Sunday 5 April 2015

Sunday Stash #5

I am by nature quite a disorganized person - everything seems to descend into chaos given half a chance. As a result I work extra hard to overcome my nature and be tidy and organised, sometimes with success and sometimes not!

My stash of fabric is fairly neat and tidy but so big that, hand on heart, I don't think I could tell you everything I have. I keep discovering little gems, a bit like finding another Easter Egg in June. What an unexpected delight!

My storage mainly consists of a chest of drawers and some IKEA units. Ongoing projects are stored in the IKEA units; precuts and raw fabric in the chest of drawers.

The charm pack drawer looks like this


 Every so often I have a rummage through and see what I can find.

This week's rootle unearthed these little gems...



 Cuzco by Kate Spain. I'm sure I actually have three of these so heavens knows where the third is! I'm hoarding these for the perfect project, maybe a charm stars quilt?


An unknown (Lynnette Anderson?) charm pack I bought at the Festival of Quilts a few years ago. Love the delicate mauves and greys in this palate.

Vin de Jour by Three Sisters.  This one almost makes me cry - I had planned on making something for my best friend who passed away very suddenly last year. I confess I've shoved it to the bottom of a drawer but it doesn't deserve that, poor fabric! Maybe one day...

Linking up with Molli Sparkles link up.

Happy Easter! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, it makes me feel better about the size of my stash. I've been pulling fabrics with my 10yr old today and it was fun/embarrassing to find fabrics I'd forgotten about! Maybe you can use the charm pack of Vin de Jour to make something special for you to remember your friend by (not that you would forget)

    ReplyDelete