Thursday 9 April 2015

Gravity: intergalactic

Next up in the Gravity quilt is block 4: intergalactic.



Happily this block is much easier to put together than the nightmarish Orbit. 

It comes in two colourways - green and purple. I only had time to make the green block so purple will have to wait.

Like most strip set pattern, the main challenge is keeping your centre seam in the strip set straight. Because the lower feed dogs pull the fabric through very slightly more than the top fabric, long strip sets have a tendency to bow (or as I like to think of it, "smile"). Luckily these sets are only 10" long so there's minimal chance of getting a significant in a strip set that short. 

Nip the ends of your diamond block and it neatly fits with the triangle corner. 

The only problem I have now is that I've got the Babylon Zoo song "Spaceman" going round in my head. Argh, earworm!

No comments:

Post a Comment