Monday 13 April 2015

Moving along, Building Blocks

A few days I had a brilliant idea - I would get ahead in the Simply Solids version of the Moda Building Blocks block of the month.

I have a large stash of Kona solids built up and, rather wait for more yardage to be sent out to me, I could simply start making the next blocks straight away. "Brilliant" I thought!

Until I hit a small snag - the next block, block 19, called for Caribbean.  Of which I had only tiny scraps left over. Not enough to make the be block. Oops.

Note to self: stop trying to be clever and stick to the plan!

With this month's new stash of Caribbean in hand, I got on with making blocks 19 and 20



Blocks 39, 41 and 42 quickly followed




And then I sewed together five larger blocks which we made in the first months to make section D of the quilt. Which I'll admit needs a good press!



Actually, apart from the Caribbean, I didn't cut into any of this month's fabrics and instead used scraps from my previous months. So most of this month's lovely cuts go into my Patchwork City bundle. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment