Thursday 16 April 2015

Roll up, roll up: see the amazing unironed block!

I've been a bit hampered in my piecing by a lack of an iron in my sewing room (see previous posts for the debacle!). Yes, I had my laundry iron but I confess I'm not brave enough to dice with death or at least second degree burns.

Instead I've managed to piece the red constellation block using alternative pressing means. 

Firstly here's the block. 

 Look at those beautiful points. 



They're almost perfect. Almost. And not an iron in sight.

Instead I used my old faithful wallpaper seam roller to press the seams open. 



Admittedly it's got a curved edge so it's difficult to get a perfectly flat seam but as, Angela Walters says "close enough is good enough". Too right Angela. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your seams are very impressive! Especially without using an iron! You get soooo much sewing done every week! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete