Monday 6 April 2015

So *that's* the issue with inset seams!

I'm not a great one of following the crowd. Books, films, politics, whatever - I'll definitely listen to people's thoughts and opinions but my decision will be my own. I like what I like, irrespective of whether it's trendy or popular.

So when popular opinion said "inset seams are very difficult" I took it with a pinch of salt and went ahead anyway. Good grief, my first quilt was a Lemoyne Star complete with inset seams and satin fabric!

I've never really had a problem with inset seams until this month's Craftsy BOM. I'm not sure what it was about that seam - I think my seam allowance might have been off - but try as I might I couldn't get it to fit perfectly.

Here's the block.



See the slight buckling at the bottom corner? That's the little monkey.

But I still stand by my stance that inset seams aren't difficult, it's just my skill that let me down this time. Onwards and upwards! Now where's that Lemoyne Star gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment