Monday 4 May 2015

Gravity quilt - celestial

I've just realized that a number of my projects for this year are connected to outer space including Starlight, Starbright by Carol Doak and Garvity by Jaybird Quilts. Go figure.

The epic week of quilting continues with the next block in my Garvity quilt - celestial. This comes in two colour ways - green and pink. Here's the green one. 




You can see fabric A of the pink colour way in the background. The photo doesn't do it justice; it's neon pink!

This block is a lot more simple than some of the earlier one, particularly the now infamous Orbit. I still have nightmares about that block. 

There's only a few points to match here and, because the seams are going in the same direction, it's pretty straightforward. Tomorrow I'll get cracking on with the pink colour way.

I also finalized the design of my secret quilt (and it's awesome!) but I can't let you see it until it's gifted. Is that even a verb "to gift"? I think I'm making words up now. Time for bed. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the green block! Your Gravity quilt is going to be out of this world!

    ReplyDelete