In an effort to avoid basting my latest project I've cleaned the sewing room, tidied and rearranged fabric, made other blocks...basically anything I could to avoid scrambling around on my knees on a hard floor basting.
But by Friday night I knew that the prevarication had to come to an end. This child is going to be attending elementary school before her baby quilt is done!
So that night I smoothed, taped, sprayed and stuck the pieced backing, batting and top together in preparation for quilting. With the horrible bit out of the way, quilting was quickly underway.
As the blocks are drunkards path, I decided to go with an all over paisley free motion quilting quilting pattern so that the curvy lines matched the blocks. All credit to Leah Day for the quilting design (and teaching me pretty much everything I know about quilting).