Tuesday 5 May 2015

The epic saga continues

Today I finished off Celestial from the Gravity quilt by Jaybird Quilts.


Happily the neon pinkness (I call this colour "acid Barbie") of fabric A was toned down by the other salmon and skin pinks. Not my favourite colour but it'll look great in the finished quilt.

I also started the Moccasin quilt designed by GenX Quilter's. I umm'd and ah'd about starting yet another BOM but the beautiful southern colours and modern design called to me! The only problem now is that I have some catching up to do!



First up were the two First Lady blocks.



Then came the curved windmill. 

Oh dear. I think I must have mistrimmed my drunkards path blocks as I missed all the matching points the first time around. You gotta admire my consistency. Time for a bit of unsewing...

 Much better! Ok, so I still missed one point but I'm not redoing it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment