Sunday 10 May 2015

Sunday Stash #10

New stash items have been light on the ground this week so, as well as sharing the few items I have added, I'll also show so oddities from my stash.

The fabrics for my commission arrived from the U.S. this week. The winner chose jewel-toned batiks is red, green and blue and I chose an off white (beige-toned cream) to go with so the gem like quality of the batiks isn't overawed by the background fabric.


I've also chosen a busy but subtle backing fabric by Wilmington Print as I don't know how it's going to be quilted. This should go with everything!

 It's difficult to tell from the picture but the pattern is very small grey crosses on a white background. 

A couple of oddities from my stash.

First a pack of 10" squares of Summer Breeze by Bella Boulevard for Ruley Blake.


Although the fabrics and patterns are great, I mainly bought this because of the awesome ribbon which holds the pack together. Yes, I'm really that shallow! Lovely summery colours too though!

And finally a mystery 5" squares pack that I bought from the Malvern Quilt show last year.

 I have absolutely no idea of the collection, designer or manufacturer but I bought it because I loved the prints (all things birdy) and the colours (yellows, pinks, blacks, turquoise). Anyone have any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I love that background print but I've no idea what those charms are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice on the background fabric to go with the bright jewel tones!

    ReplyDelete